Zhangjiajie, China Photosafari from 30 May – 3 Jun 2018
Zhangjiajie is located in central China, northwest Hunan Province. Zhangjiajie is famous for its precarious peaks, limpid streams, dense forests, and large karst caves.
It was on the photographers and travellers bucket list after the movie Avatar. The Hallelujah Mountains in Avatar were inspired by Heavenly Pillar in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park.
In addition to the landscapes of the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, they have installed the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge. It’s a glass bottom bridge spanning 430 m long.
The trip will not be complete without the visit to the Fenghuang Ancient Town. This town was built during the 17th century. Today this town is occupied by Miao Ethnic Minority Tribe.
We will be accompanied by a local Chinese Photographer who is familiar with this place.
Difficulty of this trip
This is an easy to moderate trip. There will be some normal short trekking to vantage points for landscape shoots.
How do you get there?
China Southern Airlines flies from Kuala Lumpur to Changsha, China. We prefer the flight schedules highlighted so that we can all meet up at Changsha Airport. From there we will take a domestic flight to Zhangjiajie. It is important for you to arrive at the same time in Changsha.
Day 01 30th May
- Pick up at Changsha Airport
- Internal flight to Zhangjiajie
- Transfer to hotel,
- If time permits, shoot sunset at “the Natural Great Wall”.
- Overnight in ZhangJiaJie
Day 02: 31st May
Tian Zi Shan (Tian Zi mountains)
- Early departure to Tian Zi Shan for sunrise shoot,
- Onward travel to four or five spots for landscape shoots
- Those spots are: “Imperial Brush Peak”, “Cloudy Green Rock”, “Scrolling in a Painting”, “Call-officers-roll Platform”,
- Afternoon to shoot sunset at the spot “Warrior Taming a Horse”.
- Overnight at a mountain hostel.
Day 03: 1st June
Yang Jia Jie and Yuan Jia Jie
- Drive to Bai Long Elevator, from there at the mountaintop for sunrise,
- Back to the hostel to have breakfast.
- More places to shoot landscapes such as “Golden Rooster Crows at Daybreak”, “Stumble at Every Step”, “Four Citywalls”, “Echo wall”,
- Continue shooting till sunset
- Overnight in a mountain hostel.
Day 04: 2nd June
One Step to the Sky and Golden Whip Stream.
- Sunrise shoot at Torch Peak.
- Check-out hostel
- Go downhill to visit the Golden Whip Stream.
- There are many interesting places such as the “Statue of Kwan Yim”; Drunk Arhat; Journey to the West
- Visit the famous Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Brdge.
- Proceed to Fenghuang Ancient Town
- Overnight at Fenghuang Ancient Town
Day 05: 3rd June
Fenghuang Ancient Town
- Visit the Fenghuand Ancient Town. This is an ancient town from the 17th century where the Miao Minority Tribes live.
- Early Lunch
- Transfer to high speed train station
- From High Speed station in Changsha take Maglev to Airport
- End of trip
Please email me for registration and information pack at: [email protected]
Powered by Facebook Comments