We have received numerous requests to organise short weekend trips to nearby places. A trip to Mt Bromo certainly qualifies in this category. Here is a three days and two nights’ trip to Mt Bromo.
Mt Bromo is an active volcano and one of the easiest to access. It sits on the Tengger Massif and is part of the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. This place has lots to offer photographically speaking. Beautiful sunrises, sunsets, grassland, desert, village life, horsemen and volcanic landscape all roll into one. If you have not been to Mt Bromo, it’s time to tick this place on your bucket list.
The journey starts from Surabaya Airport in Indonesia, from there it is about a four-hour journey to the Tengger caldera. Please make sure you book the recommended flights to arrive and depart from Surabaya so that we can travel as a group.
Day 1: 20th May 2016 (Friday) SURABAYA – BROMO (L,D)
- 8:25am arrive at Surabaya airport, met and
- Transfer to Mt. Bromo area (about 4-hours drive) for an overnight stay.
- Check-in hotel (Cemoro Indah Hotel or equivalent)
- If time permits, sunset photo session with background Mt. Bromo (2.400 m)
- Please take the earliest flight from Kuala Lumpur to Surabaya.
Day 2 : 21st May 2016 (Saturday) Mt. BROMO (B,L,D)
- 2:00 am wake-up call
- Drive by 4×4 jeep to Penanjakan/Kingkong Hill for sunrise and landscape shoot.
- After sunrise, drive down to Mt Bromo valley for a volcano visit.
- 9:30am. breakfast at the hotel
- 10:30 to 16:00 – free and easy
- Lunch at hotel
- 16:00 drive to village and surrounding areas for sunset shoot
- 19:00 dinner.
- Star trail shoot (optional)
Day 3 : 22nd May 2016 (Sunday) Mt. BROMO – SURABAYA (B,L)
- 4:30am proceed to Mt Bromo valley, sand dunes for a sunrise shoot.
- Proceed to the Savannah grassland for morning shoot with horsemen and horses.
- 9:30am back to hotel for breakfast
- Check-out hotel
- Lunch on the way
- Drive to Surabaya Airport for your flight home.
- Please book your flight’s return to be after 17:00pm.
If you are interested, please email for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Facebook Comments