Once again, we are organising a trip to the great unknown and mystical North Korea or DPRK (Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea) as it is officially known. We went there in 2015 without high expectations after reading so much about this place by the Western Media. We went with an open mind and were pleasantly surprised to discover what DPRK has to offer. We will not spoil your fun like a good Star Wars Movie but will let you discover it for yourself.
This year, we are going to discover the autumn colours and scenes of DPRK. We will be travelling around the country visiting lovely scenic places for landscape photography and meeting the local people. It is going to be cold in late autumn so please be prepared.
Our journey starts from Beijing where we get our flight tickets to Pyongyang, DPRK Visas and Visit Permits. We will be spending a night in Beijing. Assistance will be provided in the application of the DPRK visas and Visit Permits. Malaysians are exempted from having to apply for a DPRK visa.
On the next day, 22nd of Oct, we will be flying from Beijing to Pyongyang via Koryo Air (official DPRK Airline). We will meet our very friendly English speaking guides who will accompany us for the duration of our journey.
We start our adventure and discovery from the capital of DPRK (Democratic Peoples’ Republic of Korea), Pyongyang. From here we will journey to Kaesong, Wonsan-Mt.Kumgang, Masikryong, Myohyangsan and finally back to Pyongyang.
A Brief introduction to places that we will be visiting
Pyongyang is a modern metropolis and the capital city of DPRK. There are many high-rise complexes and modern buildings. This is the administrative centre and the pride of DPRK. We will be visiting some of its well-known landmarks and the Pyongyang Metro. We will be taking a ride on this metro to experience what it is like for the locals to travel in this mass rapid transit.
Located in Central North Korea, Kaesong is the Southern most city. DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) is only a short trip away from this city. We will be visiting this famous DMZ. We will be staying a small traditional Korean village that is being kept and restored as a hotel. This was one of the most beautiful experienced we had during the last trip…opps! I am letting the cat of out the bag.
Kumgangsan is the second-tallest mountain in DPRK; its highest peak Pirobong is 1638 meters. The area is famed for its scenic beauty. This is a great place especially during autumn for landscape photographers
This is a newly opened ski resort with lots of opportunities for landscape photography. If the weather permits, you may even ski along the many ski slopes there.
(“Mysterious Fragrant Mountain”) is a mountain in DPRK It is named after the mystic shapes and fragrances found in the area. Myohyang-san is also the International Friendship Exhibition centre, dubbed the world’s biggest treasure-house.
Oct 21 (Fri) : KL- Beijing (No meals)
- Meet at Beijing airport and transfer to hotel
- Overnight at Beijing Hotel
Oct 22(Sat): Beijing – Pyongyang by flightn (D)
- Transfer from Hotel to Beijing Airport
- JS 152, PEK-FNJ, 1255h-1530h
- Meet by KITC guides, transfer into city,
- En route to visit Arch of Triumph,
- Walk from Kim Il Sung square to Pyongyang Grand Theatre
- Welcome dinner at Chongryu Hotpot restaurant,
- Stay at Koryo hotel****.
Oct 23(Sun): Pyongyang City tour, Pyongyang- Kaesong (B,L,D)
- Visit Kumsusan Palace of Sun (Memorial Mausoleum for State Leaders)
- Visit Mansudae Fountain Park and Grand Monument
- Visit Tower of Juche Idea – you can get a panoramic view of Pyongyang.
- Foreign Language bookshop, Taedong Gate, Ryongwang Pavilion, Pyongyang Bronze Bell,
- Lunch on Daedonggang Boat on Taedong river,
- Visit Mangyongdae (Birth place of President Kim Il Sung),
- Introduction to Pyongyang Metro. You will experience what it is like to ride the Metro.
- Drive to Kaesong ( 2 hours)
- Tomb of King Kongmin, and Pakyon waterfall area
- Local cuisine dinner &
- Stay Folkcustoms Hotel***. – This is an ancient village converted to become a hotel. You will be transported back in time, 500 years ago.
Oct 24(Mon): Kaesong- Pyongyang (B,L,D)
- Visit Panmunjom on DMZ, – the dividing line between North and South Korea.
- Visit Koryo History Museum.
- Royal meal at Tongil restaurant.
- Dive back to Pyongyang,
- Visit DPRK Circus show(* optional; Euro 20), – this is an optional activity.
- Dinner & stay Koryo hotel****.
Oct 25(Tue): Pyongyang- Mt.Kumgang (B,L,D)
- Drive to Wonsan ( 3 hours),
- Lunch at Ullim waterfall,
- Visit to Wonsan city- Old Railway station, Songdowon Schoolchildren’s Summer Camp, Songdowon beach,
- Relax at Lagoon Sijung beach,
- Drive to Mt.Kumgang ( 1 hour),
- Dinner and stay at Oekumgang hotel*****, Open-air hotspa & Massage(* optional; Euro 15)
Oct 26( Wed); Mt.Kumgang- Masikryong (B,L,D)
- Excursion to Mt.Kumgang-Kuryong Waterfall, This is a beautiful and refreshing walk up to the waterfall. You will be surrounded by Autumn colors from the gingko and maple trees along the way.
- Lunch at Moknan restaurant,
- Walk along Laggon Samil,
- Drive to Masikryong(2 hours),
- Dinner and stay at Masikryong hotel*****
Oct 27(Thu); Masikryong- Pyongyang (B,L,D)
- Take a cable car to Daehwa peak(*optional; Euro 15),
- Relax at Masikryong Ski resort, lunch at hotel,
- Drive back to Pyongyang ( 2 hours),
- Visit to Kwangbok Local department Store,
- Visit to Schoolchildren’s Palace
- Dinner and stay at Koryo hotel****
Oct 28(Fri); Pyongyang-Mt.Myohyang-Pyongyang (B,L,D)
- Drive to Mt.Myohyang
- Visit to International Friendship Exhibition
- Visit Buddhist Pohyon temple
- Lunch at Hyangsan hotel
- Short trek via Manpok waterfall valley
- Drive back to Pyongyang
- Farewell dinner at Paradise restaurant
- Stay at Koryo hotel****
Oct 29(Sat): Pyongyang- Beijing by flight (B)
- JS 151 , FNJ-PEK, 0820h-0950h
- Arrive at Beijing airport
- Trip ends.
If you are interested, please email for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Facebook Comments