We are organising a trip to Komodo Island to visit the famous Komodo Dragons during the Chinese New Year Holidays. The Komodo Islands are the only places in the world where you can find these primate amphibians.
The boat ride to the Komodo islands also passes through many famous dive sites with crystal clear waters. There is an opportunity to snorkel around these islands. So bring your swimming and snorkeling gears if you wish to take advantage of this rare opportunity.
We will be staying two nights on the sailing yacht and one night at Labuan Bajo. Don’t worry, the yacht will be anchored in calm waters at night. We have a cook on board the yacht to cook our daily meals.
How to get there?
You can take a flight from KLIA to Bali and from there to Labuan Bajo. There is no direct flight from Kuala Lumpur to Labuan Bajo. This is the flight schedules for Garuda Airlines. You need to adjust your flight times to connect with the Garuda flights to Labuan Bajo.
Who should join?
Photographers of all levels, however, you do not need to be a photographer to join this trip. Of late, participants using handphones have joined us for the experience as these trips are unique. This is a relaxing trip where you can bring your spouse. It is also a good trip for those who have not seen a Komodo Dragon or Manta Rays up close.
Accommodation and food
Four Star or equivalent Hotel Accommodation will be provided at Labuan Bajo. We will be chartering the “Aqua Luna” yacht for this trip. There are 3 cabins on board the yacht catering to 2 – 3 persons per cabin. There is no single occupation cabin. We will have a chef on board who will cook all our meals. We can cater for participants with specific diets like “halal” and vegetarian food.
This trip will be led by Nora Yusuf, an ardent World Traveller and Photographer. She has spent the last few years travelling to many places around the world including Greenland, Siberia, Iceland, New Zealand, Nepal, Kamchatka, Africa by four-wheel drive, and Mongolia just to name a few.
This is an easy and relaxing trip. There is very little trekking.
Day 1 – 15th Feb (D)
· Pick-up from the airport and transfer to hotel in Labuan Bajo.
· Free and easy
Day 2 – 16th Feb (B,L,D)
· Transfer from hotel to yacht
· Cruise to Rinca and Padar Island
· Trekking up Padar Island for a sunset shoot.
· All meals on board
Day 3 – 17th Feb (B,L,D)
· Early morning trek on one of the Komodo Islands to watch the Komodo Dragons (3 hours)
· Snorkelling on Pink Beach
· Komodo Village.
· After lunch sail to Manta Point to watch and swim with the manta rays
· All meals on board
Day 4 – 18th Feb (B,L)
· Visit Komodo National Park
· Trekking around the Komodo National Park (3 hours)
· Cruise to Kelor Island for snorkeling
· After lunch cruise back to Labuan Bajo and transfer to airport.
· End of trip
If you are interested to join this trip, you can email the following email addresses:-
- Maxby Chan – email@example.com
- Nora Yusuf – firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Facebook Comments